Compassionate Attorneys Helping Injury Victims in Newtown, Doylestown and the Surrounding Communities
Suffering a personal injury can be a very frustrating experience, as it may result in costly medical bills, lost time at work, rehabilitation costs and emotional pain and suffering. In these situations, it’s important to take action against any negligent individuals or organizations responsible for the injury so that you can make a swift recovery. The personal injury attorneys at Kardos, Rickles & Hand are here to help, leveraging our years of experience and commitment to serving the members of our community with unmatched care and attention. For a dedicated lawyer in Doylestown, Newtown and the surrounding area, give us a call.
What Are the Common Causes of Personal Injury?
There are many different scenarios in which personal injuries may occur — many of which are the direct result of another person’s negligence or irresponsible actions. The following are some of the most common accidents causing injury in Pennsylvania and New Jersey:
- Auto accidents. In 2012, there were more than 124,000 car accidents on Pennsylvania’s roads and highways and about 284,000 crashes in New Jersey. Some of these accidents caused serious personal injuries resulting in medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering.
- Truck accidents. Crashes involving large semi-trucks are extremely dangerous, as these vehicles’ sheer size and weight can cause a lot of damage. You may be able to take action against truck drivers, trucking companies and their insurance companies.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are at increased risk of personal injury in an accident, as they have much less protection as drivers of other vehicles. Other motorists have a responsibility to watch out for motorcycles on the road — and they may be held liable if they fail to do so.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals must meet certain standards in the care they deliver to you. Mistakes such as misdiagnosis, prescription errors, surgical errors and nursing home neglect may cause serious injury or death, you and may need to pursue medical malpractice claims.
- Defective products. Some companies offer inherently dangerous products to the public due to design flaws or defective manufacturing processes. By failing to warn the public or to recall these products, they place consumers in danger.
- Dangerous premises. Property owners, particularly commercial establishments, need to provide reasonably safe premises for guests. If they fail to do so, a slip-and-fall accident could occur, resulting in serious personal injuries.
Knowing the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
In Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim is two years. This means you have two years from the time of the personal injury to seek compensation, although you may file a lawsuit beyond that period if symptoms don’t show up until later. This is often the case with exposure to hazardous materials like asbestos, where disease symptoms may not appear for decades afterward.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers Take Action for You in Bucks County, PA
If you or a loved one has been injured due to another party’s irresponsible actions or negligence, call on the compassionate personal injury attorneys at Kardos, Rickles & Hand today. Our team is qualified, respected and responsive, giving you the resources you need during a difficult time. To get started, call us at 215-968-6602 or contact us online.