Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Kardos, Rickles & Hand Bucks County Divorce Attorney
  • Contact Us Today For a Consultation

How do you recommend someone that is currently serving a Mandatory Minimum Sentence, but the state of PA currently changed the rules for to proceed?

PA currently changed the Mandatory Minimum Sentence Law. I have a family member serving that sentence. He has already served 7 years, and has an additional 7 years. He is serving more time that people that have done worse crimes. What do you recommend since the law has changed in PA…. What should we do? Answered by Kardos, Rickles & Hand

First, there is a difference of opinion regarding mandatory sentences in PA. This is because the Supreme Court has not decided the issue.  Second, once the Supreme Court makes a decision (hopefully making mandatory sentences unconstitutional) the legistature is supposed to make them compliant.  Additionally, said change in the law would most likely NOT be retroactive to persons already sentenced.  What county did it take place in?

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation